- Former Governor of Maryland
- Pro to the question "Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?"
“It’s time we called this what it is: a national crisis…
So now, I’m doubling down, and I need your help. What we did in Maryland should be the first step of what we do as a nation. The NRA is already blaming the victims of yesterday’s shooting for their own deaths, saying they too should have been armed. Let’s put an end to this madness and finally stand up to them. Here are some steps we should be taking:
1. A national assault weapons ban.
2. Stricter background checks.
3. Efforts to reduce straw-buying, like fingerprint requirements.”
“O’Malley: ‘I’m Pissed,’ Calls for Gun Control, NRA Silencing,” www.washingtonexaminer.com, June 19, 2015
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Governor of Maryland, Jan. 17, 2007-Jan. 21, 2015
- Mayor of Baltimore, Dec. 7, 1999-Jan. 17, 2007
- City Council Member, Baltimore, MD, 1991-1999
- Assistant State’s Attorney, City of Baltimore, 1988-1990
- JD, University of Maryland, 1988
- BA, Catholic University of America, 1985
- Born on January 18, 1963, in Washington, DC.
- Married to Katie Curran, a Baltimore City District Court Judge
- Twitter handle: @MOMalley2016
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted in the United States?