- Attorney and Legal Advisor to Newton Action Alliance
- Pro to the question "Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?"
“Let’s ignore this vocal fringe group, some of whom openly advocate treason (in violation of article 3 section 3 of the constitution). Instead, Americans must come together to call for Congress to put politics aside and pass common-sense measures that the majority of Americans, including gun owners, support…
[W]e need to ban military-style weapons and 30-round magazines, so that when the next unstable individual slips through the cracks in our healthcare system, their ability to access an assault weapon won’t be easier than buying a beer…
[A] federal anti-trafficking bill that includes real penalties for ‘straw buyers’ is imperative, since firearms are being transported through many states. A strong bill will dry up the ‘iron pipeline’, the supply of cheap and plentiful firearms into our cities…
Finally, universal background checks would help reduce the risk of a firearm ending up in the hands of a criminal, a person affected by mental illness, or a terrorist. Currently, under federal law, a person on our terrorist watchlist can buy the Bushmaster AR-15 – the weapon used at both the Sandy Hook elementary school and at the Aurora movie theater – in a private transaction, without any questions being asked.”
“We Need Lawmakers to Enact the People’s Will on Gun Control,” www.theguardian.com, Sep. 11, 2013
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Principal Attorney, Litigation and Municipal Groups, Cohen and Wolf
- Legal Advisor, Newtown Action Alliance, a gun control group
- JD, Cornell Law School, 1993
- BA, magna cum laude, Cornell University, 1990
- Lives in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Twitter handle: @MonteFrank1
- Has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, and NPR
- Avid cyclist who represented the United States at the 2013 World Maccabiah Games
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted in the United States?