- Attorney and Legal Advisor to Newton Action Alliance
- Pro to the question "Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?"
“Let’s ignore this vocal fringe group, some of whom openly advocate treason (in violation of article 3 section 3 of the constitution). Instead, Americans must come together to call for Congress to put politics aside and pass common-sense measures that the majority of Americans, including gun owners, support…
[W]e need to ban military-style weapons and 30-round magazines, so that when the next unstable individual slips through the cracks in our healthcare system, their ability to access an assault weapon won’t be easier than buying a beer…
[A] federal anti-trafficking bill that includes real penalties for ‘straw buyers’ is imperative, since firearms are being transported through many states. A strong bill will dry up the ‘iron pipeline’, the supply of cheap and plentiful firearms into our cities…
Finally, universal background checks would help reduce the risk of a firearm ending up in the hands of a criminal, a person affected by mental illness, or a terrorist. Currently, under federal law, a person on our terrorist watchlist can buy the Bushmaster AR-15 – the weapon used at both the Sandy Hook elementary school and at the Aurora movie theater – in a private transaction, without any questions being asked.”
“We Need Lawmakers to Enact the People’s Will on Gun Control,” www.theguardian.com, Sep. 11, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to guns and gun policies. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to guns and gun policies.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Principal Attorney, Litigation and Municipal Groups, Cohen and Wolf
- Legal Advisor, Newtown Action Alliance, a gun control group
- JD, Cornell Law School, 1993
- BA, magna cum laude, Cornell University, 1990
- Contact Info:
- Lives in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Twitter handle: @MonteFrank1
- Has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, and NPR
- Avid cyclist who represented the United States at the 2013 World Maccabiah Games
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted in the United States?