- Former Alaska Governor
- Con to the question "Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?"
“Every day we are seeing more and more efforts to strip away our Second Amendment rights. And our founders knew that our inherent right to defend life and property and freedom, it had to be enshrined. It was enshrined in America’s most perfect blueprint to form a more perfect union. Of course our Constitution. So it was enshrined and they knew that if the Second Amendment goes, the rest of the Constitution is not far behind. They are trying though. They, you know who they are. Look, if you control oil, you control an economy. If you control money, you control commerce. But, if you control arms, you control people. And that is what they’re trying…
And I love our police. I do. But they can’t be everywhere, you know, so maybe our kids can be defended against criminals on the spot if more mama grizzlies carried. And Obama administration wants you ID’d for that? Well, then, just go ahead and carry a sign too. A sign that says, ‘Yeah, I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy.’
Aren’t they something though? Aren’t they something? Blaming that chunk of steel, you know, the weapon itself for the crime committed. They even blame sporting goods stores that sell arms, accusing them of being an accomplice. MmmHmm. Gun stores are an accomplice to crime. And that fork made me fat.”
“Sarah Palin Talks Waterboarding, Guns at NRA Convention,” cbsnews.com, Apr. 27, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Owner, Sarah Palin Channel, July 27, 2014-present
- Host, Sarah Palin’s Alaska, Nov. 14, 2010-Jan. 9, 2011
- Founder, SarahPAC, July 27, 2009-present
- Vice Presidential Candidate, Aug. 29, 2008-Nov. 4, 2008
- Governor, Alaska, Dec. 4, 2006-July 26, 2009
- Director, Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service Inc., 2003-June 2005
- Chair and Ethics Supervisor, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, Feb. 19, 2003-Jan. 23, 2004
- President, Alaska Conference of Mayors, 1999
- Mayor, Wasilla, AK, Oct. 14, 1996-Oct. 14, 2002
- Owner, Snow Machine, Watercraft and All-terrain Vehicle Business, 1994-1997
- City Council Member, Wasilla, AK, Oct. 19, 1992-Oct. 14, 1996
- Co-owner, Commercial Fishing Operation, 1988-2007
- Former Sports Reporter, Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman
- Former Sportscaster, KTUU-TV, Anchorage, AK, 1987-1989
- BA, Journalism, University of Idaho, 1987
- Contact Info:
- Twitter handle: @SarahPalinUSA
- Has five children with husband Todd Palin.
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted in the United States?