- Cofounder and CFO of The Federalist
- Con to the question "Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?"
“[W]hat we do know is that nine innocent men and women were slaughtered in a mandatory gun-free zone by an evil madman wielding a gun.
More gun laws won’t prevent evil people from doing evil things. Human nature cannot be legislated away. No amount of laws can ever eliminate evil acts committed by evil men. But gun control laws like those in South Carolina certainly can eliminate the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves from those who intend to do evil. And that’s a tragedy.”
“No, a Lack of Gun Control Didn’t Cause the Charleston Shooting,” thefederalist.com, June 18, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to guns and gun policies. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to guns and gun policies.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Cofounder and CFO,The Federalist, Sep. 2013-present
- COO, Media Trackers, Apr. 2012-present
- Economic Policy Advisor, Rick Perry for President Campaign, Oct. 2011-Jan. 2012
- Managing Partner, Davis Intelligence Group, Oct. 2010-Oct. 2011
- CFO, The Daily Caller, June 2010-Oct 2010
- Chief Investigator, US Senate, Feb. 2005-July 2008
- Policy Analyst, Congressional Joint Economic Committee, May 2003-Feb. 2005
- Legislative Assistant, US House of Representatives, Jan. 2003-May 2003
- MBA, Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- BBA, magna cum laude, Finance, Texas Tech University, 2002
- Contact Info:
- Twitter handle: @seanmdav
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted in the United States?