- Con to the question "Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?"
“I support people having a gun in public full stop, not just in your home. We don’t have the right to bear arms because of burglars; we have the right to bear arms to resist the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government. It’s not about duck hunting; it’s about the ability of the individual. It’s the same reason we have freedom of speech. It’s well known that the greatest defence against an intruder is the sound of a gun hammer being pulled back. All these gun shootings that have gone down in America since 1950, only one or maybe two have happened in non-gun-free zones. Take mass shootings. They’ve only happened in places that don’t allow guns. These people are sick in the head and are going to kill innocent people. They are looking to slaughter defenceless human beings. They do not want confrontation. In all of our schools it is illegal to have guns on campus, so again and again these guys go and shoot up these… schools because they know there are no guns there. They are monsters killing six-year-olds…
Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat. Taking away guns, taking away drugs, the booze, it won’t rid the world of criminality.”
Jonathan Heaf, “True Detective’s Vince Vaughn on Gun Control, Edward Snowden and Comedy,” www.gq-magazine.co.uk, June 1, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Film Writer, 2006-present
- Recipient, “Choice Chemistry,” Teen Choice Award, 2006
- Recipient, “Favorite On-Screen Match-Up,” People’s Choice Awards, 2005
- Recipient, “Best On-Screen Team,” MTV Movie Award, 2005
- Film Producer, 2001-present
- Actor, 1989-present
- Forest Lake High School, 1988
- Born in Minneapolis, MN on Mar. 28, 1970
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted in the United States?